The Jackson County Democratic Committee will hold its February 2020 County Convention immediately following the Feb. 17 general membership meeting.
The purpose of this County Convention will be to elect a female member of the Michigan Democratic Party Credentials Committee and a male member of the MDP Resolutions Committee for the March 21 state convention.
Article IV Sections B & C of the MDP Rules stipulate the following qualifications for candidacy and eligibility to vote:
In order to hold Party office or vote at any Convention, Caucus, or meeting at any unit of the Michigan Democratic Party at any level, a person must be a member of the Michigan Democratic Party for at least thirty (30) days prior to that Convention, Caucus, or meeting. A Party member must be a qualified elector in order to vote on nominations for public office.
Precinct Delegates, Democratic elected officials, and Democratic nominees to partisan offices are exempt from the thirty (30) days advance membership requirement. However, Precinct Delegates, Democratic elected officials, and Democratic nominees to partisan office must be a member in order to vote and may join the same day as the Convention, Caucus, or meeting.
- Call to Order
- Election of Permanent Convention Chair (This is the person who will chair the convention)
- Appointment of Convention Secretary (This will be the official record keeper of the convention. This person will also be responsible for sending minutes and results to the State Party)
- Credential Report (This is a report out of all credentialed delegates for our county convention)
- Rules Report (This will be the time to review and accept voting procedure for our county convention)
- Election of State Convention Committee Members & Alternates
- Election of a female to be a member of the Credentials Committee
- Election of a male to be a member of the Resolutions Committee
- Resolution Consideration (none)
- Good & Welfare
State Convention Committee Meetings
(Meeting for which we’re electing delegates)
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Time: 7 p.m. EST
Place: Hart-Kennedy House, 606 Townsend St., Lansing MI 48911
Agenda: The Committee shall meet to consider resolutions proposed by County and District Conventions for the State Convention’s consideration. A call-in option will be provided to District Chairs for distribution to committee members.
The Committee shall meet at the call of the Chair of the Michigan Democratic Party at the convention if necessary.