Here’s something you’ll never hear in any political organization: “Well, it looks like we have just too many volunteers!” That’s because there’s no such thing as too many volunteers, particularly at the local level.
There’s more to politics than running for office, sporting campaign buttons or slapping a sticker on your car’s bumper. It’s a lot of nitty-gritty work, and most of it is done by volunteers just like you. Wherever your talents or interest lie, the Jackson County Democratic Committee can put them to use:
- Join a standing team (or two, or three)
- Run for precinct delegate
- Volunteer for a campaign
- Help out at fundraisers
The best way to volunteer is to come to our membership meeting the third Monday of each month. There you can introduce yourself to officers and team leaders who will be more than happy to put you to work. Or, email us at email@example.com.
- Communications — The Communications Team is responsible for the public face of the JCDC, and works to communicate party affairs to the membership and to the public. Meets the first Wednesday of each month.
- Finance and Fundraising — Together with the officers on the Executive Board, this group works on the budget and fundraising plans for our administrative and PAC funds. Meets the third Tuesday of each month.
- Membership and Outreach — This team is in charge of maintaining our membership database and recruiting new people to join our party. Whether you’re a people person or a behind-the-scenes administrative wizard, we’ve got the job for you. Meets the second Thursday of each month.
- Political Organizing — This team focuses on campaign planning and recruitment. It also oversees precinct organizing, the most local, basic and necessary level of party activity. Meets the fourth Tuesday of each month.
- Rules — This committee shall review all proposed policies, resolutions and bylaws amendments and shall make a recommendation to the full JCDC as to whether or not they should be adopted. Meets as needed.